Do you enjoy working with data and hold the quality of this data in high regard? As a Data Quality Specialist, unlocking and describing data is what you value most and what you work on every day. How else can we produce reliable and valid analyses? That's exactly why we need you!
Reach your full potential as Data Quality Specialist
You will be the first Data Quality Specialist in our Data Office. In recent years, we have made great strides in building our Data Office team and collecting a large amount of data. You will join a team of 8 Data Scientists, 4 BI specialists and a Director Data Office who will be your supervisor. With the help of a baseline measurement, you start mapping the data quality. You examine the documentation by checking the completeness, correctness, consistency, timeliness, semantics and validity. The ultimate challenge of your position lies in the different products, markets, and working methods of our segments, that changed through time.
Your goals are to find out:
- What is the undiscovered potential of our data;
- What does the data mean exactly;
- What the data quality is;
- What percentage of our data is described;
- What calculate the average data quality by establishing a data quality score;
- What it takes to improve the data quality and how you will approach this matter.
In order to achieve your goals, you will use SQL, Python and our custom-made data catalogue. You also make use of the knowledge of our data office and IT colleagues, data owners and key users so that you are well-informed about how the data was created. In addition to your research, you will answer ad hoc questions about data issues using our registration tool TopDesk. In this way, you will discover common errors and provide structural solutions. Furthermore, you start off with the baseline measurement and will work towards an increasingly project-based manner to improve data quality. You will determine the roadmap and priorities together with your manager. For example, your roadmap could include that business processes need to be adjusted in order to increase data quality. If so, you will work together with our Business Process Analysts and business stakeholders to find a solution.
This is you
You are inquisitive and very curious. That is why you like to get to the bottom of things. You are very precise and can explain complex matters in a plain way. These qualities make you strong in organising data, and you are able to draw clear conclusions from it. Your patience, ability to set priorities and project-based way of working help you to keep an overview.
- Have completed a university or college degree;
- Have at least 1 year's (internship or work) experience with improving data quality, or have completed a Data Management master's;
- Have a good command of SQL. It is an advantage if you are familiar with Python or R;
- Have no trouble reading technical descriptions of software modifications in English.
We offer you
- A good salary fitting with your experience, plus a yearly fixed Christmas bonus and a performance dependent bonus
- The most up to date hardware (like a laptop and mobile) and software to ensure you complete your job in the best way possible.
- Coverage of 2/3rds of your pension scheme premium
- Working from home up to 2 days per week if compatible with the job-related tasks.
- 25 vacation days, with the possibility to earn additional days
- A travel allowance of up to 75 kilometres one way when you work in the office or a homeworking allowance if you're working remotely.
- Free use of our own gym in our Delfzijl and Dordrecht locations.
This is B&S
B&S exists to make premium consumer goods available to everyone, anywhere. We believe that getting access to consumer products that bring joy and comfort into everyday lives, should be easy around the globe.
With our ever-growing international network and physical local presence, we bring suppliers, logistics partners, wholesalers, retailers and consumers all over the world together that are in many ways difficult to connect. We partner with the world’s premium consumer brands in beauty, liquors, personal care, food, health and consumer electronics to serve millions of consumers daily – either directly or through our wholesaler and reseller partners.
Powered by our high-tech platform and arising from supply chain expertise, we provide sourcing, warehousing, distribution, digital commerce, marketing and brand development solutions that enhance choice, speed up delivery, drive conversion and increase reach.
- Job level
- Hours per week
- Laura Kling